1.What materials should be submitted for the application?
1) Submit completed [Application form]
2) Curriculum Vitae, including current/previous educational and professional experience
3) Official transcript from home institution (scanned file acceptable)
4) 1 digital copy of the photo page of your passport (passport holds a valid period of at least 6 months before expiry date)
5) ID photograph (image file)
6) Application fee of USD80
2.How is program fee paid? What is the payment schedule?
The program fee can be paid by:
1) Bank transfer to:
Please indicate your name and “ SJTU-Antai Global Summer Program” in reference. (eg. John Watson,SJTU-Antai Global Summer Program)
Please wire all program fees including application fee to:
Bank: BANK OF CHINA, SHANGHAI XUHUI SUB-BRANCH ( 中国银行上海市上海交通大学徐汇校区支行 )
Bank address: NO.45 WEST GUANGYUAN ROAD, SHANGHAI, CHINA ( 上海市徐汇区 广元西路 45 号 1 楼 )
Beneficiary: SHANGHAI JIAO TONG UNIVERSITY ( 上海交通大学 )
2) Credit Card
The accepted credit and debit cards are China Union Pay card, VISA and MASTERCARD.
1) Application fee: within 10 work days after sending the application materials, the applicant must transfer the application fee to the university's bank account or come to SJTU to pay.
2) Program fee: pay by wire transfer before registration day or by credit card on the registration day.
3) Exchange-based students are waived tuition fee and only need pay the housing & dining, field trip fees and the application fee.
3.Does Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) provide certificates and transcripts, and can credits earned at SJTU be transferred to home institutions?
Certificates and transcripts(3 SJTU credits) will be provided upon successful completion of the program. Credit transfer is at the discretion of the receiving institution. An evaluation project will be held at the end of the program.
4.Is it possible to not pay housing or activity fees if students would like to choose accommodation by themselves, or not attend some cultural activities etc?
No, we will strongly suggest living at our student residence in our Xuhui Campus. Outside-accommodation may involve complicated processes at a local police station. Social activities are a key element in the cultural part of the program. We would like it if you would join us! If you would like to do some interesting things in addition to these activities, we are pleased to give you suggestions.
5.Where do students stay during the program period?
Students will be housed in a three-star residence hotel. Every room is equipped with internet access, and a private washroom. Two students of the same gender will share one standard room.
6.Should students buy insurance?
Yes, participants must have travel and medical insurance to cover his or her entire stay in China. If applicant doesn’t buy any insurance in the home country, he or she is required to buy “Personal Accident Insurance” on the registration day at SJTU. Participants should inform the organizer of his or her medical conditions if any and are responsible for all associated with medical expenses.